For the past few days, I’ve been listening to the playlist ‘Pop Ballads’ by Spotify. I don’t go a day without listening to music and this playlist has been my company lately while I’m studying, writing or simply on tumblr or twitter. I think the playlist is generally my style, even though there’s still a few songs I just skip, but I was quite surprised that Spotify was able to come up with a playlist that I overall like so much.
At first I had thought about sharing the top five songs I like the most in this playlist but as I kept going through it, I quickly realised there was no way I could narrow it down to only five songs. I managed to choose fifteen songs, but I had to stop myself from listening to the rest of the playlist or I wouldn’t write this post anytime soon.
Anyway, these are some of my favourite songs from that playlist:
- Let Me Go – Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding (I admit at first I didn’t like this song at all but right now I’m kind of obsessed with it)
- Sirens – Cher Lloyd (I don’t think many people know Cher but I’ve been following her work since she went on the X Factor UK and I love her voice)
- Broken Ones – Jacquie Lee (COMPLETELY in love with this song at the moment!!!)
- Big Girls Cry – Sia
- Jealous – Nick Jonas (Is this a pop ballad though?)
- My Heart Is Open – Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani
- Brave – Sara Bareilles (This song is so inspiring! It puts me in such a good mood!)
- Because Of You – Kelly Clarkson (A bit old but still gold. I’ve always loved this song!)
- Young And Beautiful – Lana Del Rey (I didn’t use to be a fan of Lana but I guess that changed…)
- American Oxygen – Rihanna
- Gorilla – Bruno Mars
- Eye Of The Needle – Sia (She has an incredibly amazing voice in my opinion)
- She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5 (I couldn’t not mention this song, even though it’s a bit old, because it’s a really beautiful song!)
- Like I’m Gonna Lose You – Meghan Trainor (I have really mixed feelings about Meghan Trainor, but this song is surprisingly nice)
If you have some free time, go check out some of these songs and tell me what you think. Or do you know them? Is there one out of them that you particularly like?
This is it for now. Until next time,