As the year is coming to an end, it’s that time to reflect on how it went. Today hasn’t been a particularly easy day for me and I found myself looking back on what happened this year and wanting to share it here.
The thing about 2016 is that I think continued what I’d started during 2015. I was just reading the blog post I made looking back on 2015 before I started this and I came to that conclusion. But 2016 was so much more… Continue reading
So September ended a couple of days ago and I decided to do a little post sharing my favourites of a bunch of categories, all the way from music to make-up and cosmetics.
I told you in my last post that I went to Germany in the beginning of this month to spend a few days with my brother. I stayed in Saarbrücken but also visited other places like Mettlach and Strasbourg. I’d been in Saarbrücken in December 2015 and I loved it. Continue reading
It’s been almost two months since I went to Rome but I really wanted to tell you about all the different gelato I tried while I was there. I could’ve done this post before today but it would’ve been rushed and I didn’t want that. Anyway, I had an exam today and from now on I have more free time so I plan on posting a lot more. Besides, I went to Madrid last weekend to see 5 Seconds of Summer since they weren’t coming to Portugal but I also had time to visit the city, so I want to share things about that trip too. Not today, though, because today it’s all about ice cream! Continue reading
So on April 23rd, I was boarding an airplane to Rome with my parents. It had been a while since we traveled somewhere and since on the 25th it was a national holiday here in Portugal, I asked them if they didn’t want to go somewhere. They ended up choosing Rome because it was a city they wanted to visit and so I started planning everything. Continue reading
I’m back to share with you more pictures of my trip to Germany. On the third day of my stay there, we spent the whole day exploring Saarbrücken. Continue reading
I finally have some time to share some of the pictures I took on my trip back at the beginning of the month. I went to visit my brother in Saarbrücken with my aunt and in our second day there we decided to go to Luxembourg, since it was less than two hours away by car. Continue reading
I finished my lessons on friday so I’m finally on holidays (yeah, just kidding, I have a last assignment which is due tomorrow and then I have to start revising for my exams in January but yay, Christmas!). Anyway, I finally got some time to update you on my trip to Germany two weeks ago. Continue reading
I came back home yesterday from spending a couple of days in Germany and I had the idea while I was there to make this blog post. Please know that I’m writing it in a joking way. I wasn’t bothered by half of the stuff, but I just figured it would be fun to write.
So, when you’re planning a trip, you might wonder what could go wrong. Well, let me tell you…
- You might wake up with a sore throat the day before you have to travel and the next day you’ll find out it wasn’t simply a sore throat, waking up with a really bad headache, a blocked-up nose, an even worse sore throat, all of which made you have a restless night of sleep.
- You’re seated on the plane when they announce that you’ll have to wait another half an hour before the plane departs because there’s a problem with some radar in the west coast of France and they aren’t letting any airplanes through.
- You might realise you should have brought some food with you because you had breakfast at 7a.m. and it’s now 12 and you’re really hungry so you end up buying a really expensive snack in your Ryanair flight (probably the most expensive snack you’ve ever bought).
- Don’t forget to talk to the person that’s picking you up at the airport about a meeting point, so that you don’t have to spend time worrying about whether you’ll be able to find each other or not.
- Probably learn a few words in the mother language of the country you’re visiting, even if it’s just hello and thank you. It’ll make you feel less of an idiot when everyone around you is talking in a language you don’t understand. (Also, those French lessons back in 9th grade might come in handy after all, even if you don’t remember much anymore…)
- If you wake up with a stomach ache, remember the chocolate milk you decided to drink straight before going to bed the night before.
- Don’t let yourself get fooled by the idea that if your flight out of your country had been late, the flight back won’t be as well. It can happen, it does happen!
Now, you might also be wondering: will one enjoy the trip with all those things happening? Yes, you will enjoy it. In fact, I’ll dare say you will enjoy it even more, if you can laugh it all off!